Prof. Steven Forsey, who teaches a variety of organic chemistry at the University of Waterloo, is passionate in exploring new teaching techniques to enhance not only the learning of his students but the overall student engagement within his chemistry courses with peer assessment.
“Beyond just writing answers down, peer evaluation encourages students to think about what they are doing, write what they are doing, and reflect upon what they’ve done, which is an essential part of their work lives after university.” - Steven Forsey
Check out our full recording and download the slide deck to see how you can adapt activities and key takeaways to your own courses to provide a more enriching learning experience for your students with peer assessment.
Prof. Forsey uses peer assessment to allow his students to experience new perspectives in his large chemistry-focused courses including, Basic Organic Chemistry and Organic Process Chemistry.
What to expect:
- Learnings and strong practices when implementing peer assessment
- Preparing students for peer evaluations
- Peer assessment activity examples in Chemistry related courses
- Live discussion focusing on improving collaboration, reflection, and work quality
- Impact on student engagement, understanding of course concepts, social interactions, and accountability
- A short walkthrough of Kritik's peer assessment platform and key features
- 15 minutes of Q&A
Webinar Recording & Slide Deck
Please share a few details to get the webinar assets.
Get our free eBook
Please share a few details to get our free eBook.