We were joined by Prof. Ray Mizumura-Pence, who shared how he uses peer assessment in his American Studies courses to facilitate thoughtful discussions and improve student engagement.
Check out our full recording and download the slide deck to see how you can adapt activities and key takeaways to your own courses to provide a more enriching learning experience for your students with peer assessment.
Prof. Mizumura-Pence’s experiences with peer assessment in his courses can be well applied to any classroom, especially ones with a focus on history, culture, geography, and other social science related courses.
What to expect:
- Learnings and strong practices when implementing peer assessment
- Preparing students for peer evaluations
- Peer assessment activity examples in history and culture related courses
- Live discussion focusing on improving collaboration, reflection, and work quality
- Impact on student engagement, understanding of course concepts, social interactions, and accountability
- A short walkthrough of Kritik's peer assessment platform and key features
- 15 minutes of Q&A
Webinar Recording & Slide Deck
Please share a few details to get the webinar assets.