Artistic courses allow the opportunity for self-expression and are usually seen as a showcase of individual talent. While this is often true, Prof. Michael Jones, who teaches animation, arts, and design courses at Sheridan College, has been able to enhance the creativity of his students through peer assessment. Hearing the perspectives from other diverse peers has proved to be a great motivator in his classroom, ultimately leading to improved end products for his students.
Come join us for a live and interactive workshop on using Peer Assessment!
By combining his love of art with his passion for technology, Prof. Jones has been using tech-enabled peer assessment in his creative courses to improve student understanding and enhance their critical thinking abilities. He has managed to facilitate an environment where his students are comfortable expressing themselves to their peers, and are creating work that they can be increasingly proud of as a result.
Prof. Jones' experiences with peer assessment in his courses can be well applied to any classroom, especially ones with a focus on communication, culture, information technology, arts, design, and other digital courses.
See how you can adapt activities and key takeaways to your own courses to provide a more enriching learning experience for your students with peer assessment. See you there!
What to expect:
- Learnings and strong practices when implementing peer assessment
- Preparing students for peer evaluations
- Peer assessment activity examples in animation, arts and design courses
- Live discussion focusing on improving collaboration, reflection, and work quality
- Impact on student engagement, understanding of course concepts, social interactions, and accountability
- A short walkthrough of Kritik's peer assessment platform and key features
- 15 minutes of Q&A
Webinar Recording & Slide Deck
Please share a few details to get the webinar assets.
Get our free eBook
Please share a few details to get our free eBook.